Counter is delighted to be assisting an award winning Accounting firm in hiring a Finance Assistant for their Leeds office. They are a forward thinking, flexible and entrepreneurial practice that specialises in working with tech startups and also have offices in London and New York.
They focus on bringing a culture of fun whilst delivering a professional service, they are flexible and invest heavily in the development of their team. They are digitally native, use the Xero cloud platform and every member of our team is passionate about the industry and the success of their clients.
To support the current team in a variety of areas to ensure high quality client service at all times whilst continuously learning and, in time, managing your own client base and workload. If you’ve had up to 6-12 months previous experience of working in a UK firm of accountants, ideally a smaller firm where a wide range of skills were needed and you are super ambitious - then this would be ideal! The ability to take the initiative to solve problems and a desire to learn are also key.
- Excellent excel knowledge
- Good communication skills – in person and written
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight monthly deadlines
- Working knowledge of PAYE,VAT, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables and month end processes would be useful
- If you have Xero experience this would be a big plus.
- Must be a graduate, with 2:1 attained.
You will get experience in
- Payroll, Bookkeeping, Management Accounting, Preparing VAT and Trial Balances for Statutory Reporting.
- Competitive salary, with an ACA/ACCA study package
- 37.5 hour week with flexible hours
- Great, vibrant working atmosphere with a highly ambitious team