Finance Business Partner - overheads
Robert Half, Welwyn Garden City are proud to be working with a global employer of choice to recruit a Senior Accountant to look at the organisations overheads.
The role of Senior Accountant based in Potters Bar takes responsibility for the overall preparation and delivery of the UK and Corporate MI reporting for operating expenses.
The successful candidate will work with the business areas to identify, analyse and comment on expense variances and trends and then communicate findings with senior management. You will have excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to engage and influence. You will be a qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA Accountant with minimum 2 years post qualified experience.
- Administer the expense accounting data in the corporate and within the department. Understand inconsistencies and where appropriate challenge cost centre managers.
- Control function and maintenance for the SAP Fixed Assets module, including all major capital projects - appropriate splits, sign off and depreciation.
- The preparation and delivery of all UK and Corporate Expense Management Information including detailed variance analysis and commentary relating to direct and allocated expenses for inclusion in the MI packs, expenses by "Lines of Business", allocated expenses, and expense reporting. Comprehensive, comparative analysis of expense data, identifying primary expense drivers and significant trends.
- Responsibility for preparation of the monthly allocation reporting. Be able to investigate any inconsistencies and where appropriate challenge cost centre managers on their allocation percentages.
- UK Expense Budget - Assist in the submission of the consolidated UK expense budget, collating detailed expense information from cost centre managers. Preparing financial reports and data uploads, with accompanying analysing of results. Assist with the annual budget allocation process, completing allocations for cost centre assigned and ensuring the integrity of the allocations data is up to date and correct for upload into SAP.
- Continual analysis of existing departmental expense processes and controls. Ensuring accounting treatment of all material accruals and prepayments is inline with relevant standards and policy. Recommendations and implementation of changes to improve the efficiency of these processes.
- To develop understanding of and complete all General Ledger reconciliations assigned to the team in an accurate and timely fashion. These reconciliations should be of a suitable standard and all reconciliation items resolved appropriately.
- Responsibility for the production of monthly and quarterly Board reporting packs for review by Senior Management, delivered in an accurate and timely basis, to the required Corporate deadlines.
- Produce the Finance expense Basis Review proposals, including completing templates, coordinating time tables with the Actuarial and Corporate functions and ensuring all deliverables are met in an accurate and timely fashion.
The salary for the position of Senior Accountant in Potters Bar is £50,000 - £55,000 plus an excellent corporate benefits package including share incentive scheme and bonus
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice