Business Services - Accounts & Audit Manager
Working with a varied, interesting portfolio of clients and providing input and support on large complex audits.
The work is highly mixed across accounts preparation, audit & other commercial accounting services your clients will need.
Michael Page are proud to be partnering an independent, leading mid tier accountancy firm. Created in 1991, they have gone from strength to strength and due to more recent growth, they are looking to recruit either an assistant manager or manager for their business services team. They usually promote from within but this opportunity has arisen and is due to winning significant new business.
They believe that in today's challenging and complex world of business there is a focus on delivering clear financial advice but more specifically to this role, ensuring their assurance service and business advice is both astute and vigorous. Building lasting relationships with clients is at the forefront of everything they do.
They are a market leader when it comes to training and rewarding their staff. After being given in depth salary guidance from Michael Page across all positions, they pay well above market rate to secure and retain the best talent. There are fantastic benefits on offer which include but are not limited to a bonus, pension, complete flexible working, paid overseas company outings, year round company events and paid overtime. The practice feel strongly that if you are working past your contracted hours, you should be paid for your overtime and be rewarded properly for the hours you invest.
- To maintain and help develop a client portfolio across accounts and audit.
- Audit assurance from planning of engagement through to delivery. You will be responsible for or involved in the full audit cycle.
- Working closely with partners on complex client engagements whilst also nurturing and helping grow more junior staff.
- Assisting clients in making their business a success and helping with ad-hoc assignments.
There is a natural split across audit and accounts preparation. This will meet business needs but can be tailored to the individuals skill set or desire.
Our client is aware that accountants often become frustrated with a stagnant portfolio, if you are looking to engage with a good quality of client then this is the role for you.
Due to the make up of the team, this practice will recruit at assistant manager or manager level. The portfolio and role on offer will be dependant on experience but minimum requirements for the ideal candidate are;
- ACA Qualified or equivalent.
- 3+ Year's' experience within practice.
- Good technical knowledge and the desire to learn
If you are relocating to the area and would like to know more about the business or to arrange an informal coffee then our client would welcome this.
Equally, if you are feeling frustrated in your current role due to the lack of quality clientele, salary levels or no flexibility on your working hours then I would urge you to get in touch and explore this opportunity further. Everything is always confidential.
The business have been consulted by Olly at Michael Page to ensure that they offer market leading packages to their current staff and future candidates. They are focused on providing the very best service for their clients but also the best all encompassing work experience for their employees.
- Competitive, above market rate salary
- Complete flexible working on offer (They have staff who work their full time hours over fewer days and staff working less hours, who need flexibility due to other commitments outside of work)
- Paid overtime - you will be rewarded for the hours you spend at work. You have the comfort of knowing that if you have to stay late or come in early, you will be paid for it.
- Bonus - Very competitive
- Additional Benefits