Senior Tax Advisor
Counter is delighted to be assisting an award winning, commercially astute, accountancy practice, based in the heart of Birmingham city centre, in their search for a Qualified Tax Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CTA).
They are a small but rapidly expanding firm, with a sister office in London (where you could also be based), and you would work closely with the Managing Director and Senior Director on strategy, client tax advisory needs as well as identifying, preparing and filing Research & Development Tax Relief claims.
You will be keen to move to a dynamic, forward thinking business where you can develop your commercial awareness and be rewarded for driving new business. They are a paperless practice so experience in cloud software such as Xero would be advantageous.
- To add value to clients through providing tax planning advice to ensure clients minimise their tax liabilities.
- Helping to identify, prepare and file Research & Development Tax Relief claims.
- Assist with the management and successful delivery of tax projects specific to SMEs and Owner managed businesses e.g. set up of EIS schemes, EMI schemes, and company valuations whilst ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken.
- Final level review of CT600’s and SA100’s prepared for clients.
- Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients.
- Fully qualified ACA / ACCA / CTA
- Have a detailed working knowledge of the R&D tax legislation and experience preparing R&D calculations and general tax.
- Knowledge of Xero, QuickBooks Online and other cloud based accounting platforms are ideal.
- Motivated, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Keen for a new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.