Counter is delighted to be assisting a highly regarded, fast growing Accountancy Practice, based in Cheltenham, who are recruiting for a full time Accountant.
They are a digitally focused business working in the cloud using apps to support their clients growth. The practice has a diverse and interesting client base and they pride themselves on being different to the norm. They work with the most innovative software and systems to ensure they stay at the forefront of the accountancy market.
You will be a senior member of the team, working closely alongside the managing director and providing the best possible service to their clients.
- Oversight and management of the workflow for the staff in the office (5 people currently but growing).
- Responsible for adherence to all practice deadlines and ensuring they are met in a timely manner
- Be able to review work to and prepare accountants to an outstanding level
- Capable of reviewing VAT returns, Personal Tax, Financial Statements, Corporation Tax, P11D's
The successful Accountant will have previous experience working within an Accountancy Practice as well as:
- People management / leadership experience
- ACA / ACCA qualified (or part-qualified finalist) / Qualified by experience within an accountancy practice
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build trust and rapport quickly
- Experience of dealing with all size business owners
- Great organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise a changing workload
- Xero knowledge (essential)
- A passion and desire to make a difference