Financial Accounting Manager
Counter is delighted to be assisting an award winning Accounting firm in hiring a Financial Accounting Manager for their Leeds office. They are a forward thinking, flexible and entrepreneurial practice that specialises in working with tech startups and also have offices in London and New York.
They are looking for an exceptional candidate with a track record of managing teams. This is not an ordinary Finance Management or Accounting role, this is one where you get the best of both; working in practice and with working with some of today's most innovative businesses across the globe.
Ideally you will have 5 years or more total experience and have worked within an audit or accounts prep background preferably from a Top 10 firm. It is essential to have strong technical FRS102 and/or IFRS knowledge.
- Managing a client portfolio for a diverse range of start ups providing an excellent, proactive service
- Manages delivery and review of monthly management accounts and provides CFO support to clients
- Manages delivery of monthly accounting month end close
- Manages delivery of statutory annual accounts for filing and returns to company house
- Takes pro active role in improving information and procedures
- Chair team meetings and manages the business KPI's / metrics for delivery
- Liaise with the London finance team; build relationships with client portfolio to deliver tasks
- Participate in client on-boarding sessions/annual reviews to outline accounts process
- Prepare working papers and schedules using Xero or / and Quickbooks a plus
- Build technical knowledge around FRS102, IFRS and revenue recognition for software firms
- Will be taught how to prepare R&D Tax Credits calculations if required.
- You're a hands-on manager that leads by example, is able to trouble-shoot, and also motivate their team – you will oversee a team of 4-5 staff some qualified and others partway through their qualifications.
- You will be excellent at time management, and will take responsibility for overseeing all client requirements of the team.
Excellent compensation package and benefits, including performance bonus, 30 days annual leave, flexible working etc.