Tax & Business Manager
My client provides accountancy and outsourced financial director services to SMEs.
My client established the firm in 2004. Over the last 15 years the firm has grown to a turnover of £1m and employs 16 people. Their clients are mostly based in London and have turnover from around £100k - £7m. Clients include tech start-ups, property development companies, architects, retail companies, PR companies and Charities.
The practice is a very informal firm, they wear relaxed clothing (no suits) and have a flat hierarchy. They also love talking to clients and teaching business owners to get the most out of their financial information.
We are looking for an accountant with business advisory skills to join the team. Working under the supervision of their founder, the tax accountant will spend approximately 40% of their time preparing FRS102 1a accounts and tax returns (Corporate, Personal, Partnership tax returns as well as R&D tax claims and 60% of their time meeting with clients either monthly or quarterly to review the latest management information created by the team and helping the business owner with their tactical and strategic issues (usually relating to growth goals e.g funding, staffing and management challenges)
All staff are great communicators, who are comfortable sending emails, speaking on the phone or meeting clients in person. Specifically, we are looking for accountants who can communicate in plain English to clients without using accounting jargon.
- High levels of written and spoken English
- Communication with clients in plain English with no accounting jargon. You must be able to communicate in a way that makes clients valued, respected and puts them at ease.
- Experience of building professional relationships with clients
- Ability to advise clients on financial and other business issues using experience and knowledge of best practices
- Budget creation required with financial model building a nice to have but not required
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Management Information analysis
Accounting and Tax
- Experience in FRS 102 1a account production (ideally using Iris and Xero Workpapers) including detailed disclosure notes
- Experience with producing corporation tax returns including S455 and group tax relief and capital allowances
- Ability to write and calculate R&D claims and ideally also VGTR
- Experience with partnership tax returns
- Experience with self assessment tax returns
- Experience with EMI share valuations and SEIS/EIS Advanced Assurance and Compliance
- Experience with Charity SORP and Independent Examiners Report
Qualified by experience or qualification