Billing & Collections Team Leader
Role: Billing & Collections Team Leader
Robert Half are working with a software and services business based in the central Bristol that are recruiting for a Billings & Collections Team Leader. The Billing & Collections Team Leader will support the Billings & Collections Manager in ensuring the Billings & Collections team provide a professional, timely and quality service in respect to all cash receipts and invoices through the sales ledger.
- ensuring incoming data is of optimised quality to enable the efficient, timely and accurate processing of invoices through our systems.
- The collection of cash
- Develop suitable processes & controls to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy of invoicing
- Work closely with the sales team & PMO teams to ensure appropriate information is collected at the point of contract to enable the team to understand contract invoicing requirements.
- Work with the senior finance management team to ensure the invoicing process is optimal and full use is being made of the finance system to facilitate the process, proposing modifications to process and/or system where necessary.
- Regularly engage with the Accountants to ensure completeness of invoicing and to identify if further improvements can be made to the invoicing process to simplify the process of revenue recognition carried out by the accountants.
- Review and coordinate the resolution of invoicing queries from internal teams or external customers
- Provide accurate and timely management information regarding the status of invoices as required
- Optimise timeliness of cash collection by working closely with the sales & PMO teams to drive down the opportunity for customers to reject or query an invoice
- Oversee the day to day workload of the team, ensuring the team is used effectively, managing the peaks and troughs in activity to maximise the utilisation of the team and the effectiveness of their efforts across invoicing, debt collection, query resolution and cash posting and allocation
- Ensure team is suitably cross trained to ensure any one business areas and/or process has at least two team members working across them.
- Provide cover for the Billings and Collections Manager where required.
Qualifications and experience:
- Team leader experience within an Accounts Receivable/Sales Ledger/Billing/Credit Control team
- Experience of raising invoices and debt collection.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office systems
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organisational skills
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Billing & Collections Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly