Robert Half Finance & Accountancy are exclusively recruiting for an ambitious, career driven Financial Controller to join a well-known manufacturing firm (part of a FTSE listed Group), Wakefield based.
This is an excellent and very attractive opportunity and would not only give you exposure to working with the Senior Management team strategically on growing the business, whilst providing dynamic leadership for the Financial Control of the business.
Reporting to and working closely with Finance Director, the position will require the successful candidate to take ownership of their small finance team and ensure that an appropriate financial framework is in place and adhered to for this specific division of the business, while also liaising frequently with the MD and Senior Management team operationally highlighting any concerns or areas for improvement.
Some of the typical duties to carry out will include:
- Production and Presentation of a Monthly Pack to the Finance Director
- Management of a small finance team
- Overseeing and controlling the cash flow, weekly forecasting, driving working capital to ensure cash generation is maximised
- Take the lead in the preparation of budgets and working capital management
- Operational analysis to identify and analyse cost reduction procedures
- Work on reviewing current procedures and drive continuous improvement to assist with the planned growth of the business
In order to be considered for interview for this position, applicants will be expected to:
- Be a Qualified and career driven Accountant
- Have previous experience of leading a team and taking financial control within an SME
- Experience within manufacturing ideal, but not essential
- Demonstrate a commercial awareness and customer focus
- Be Strategically minded, and capable of communicating a finance vision to non-finance colleagues, both on-site and Internationally
- Have experience of setting up and maintaining financial controls
Salary & Benefits
- £60,000- £65,000 + Bonus
- Additional competitive benefits
- Defined career path within the business
- Free Parking
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice