Head of Purchase to Pay
Head of Purchase to Pay (Grade 7)
Your new company
This role is working within the Finance Transactions Strategy, Policy and Process Unit at the Home Office, which is responsible for developing strategies, policies and processes governing financial transactions; ensuring they remain fit for purpose and meet Home Office needs.
The aim is to support self-service functionality through Home Office systems whilst providing policy and guidance to support the Home Office Purchase to Pay (P2P) process.
Your new role
Based in Sheffield/Croydon, the Head of Purchase to Pay will lead the day to day delivery of the P2P activities for Home Office by applying technical finance expertise, management, and people skills in managing resources who carry out activities to meet service level agreements, whilst ensuring that corporate targets are delivered.
What you'll do day-to-day
- Lead team development, motivation, energy and commitment embedding a culture of strong performance and addressing performance issues promptly
- Develop and maintain effective strategies that meet corporate and departmental strategic objectives
- Manage the P2P metrics and carry out the reporting, measures, compliance, effectiveness and tracking to demonstrate process improvement
- Form collaborative relationships with clients to feedback on transactability of submitted work items, and identify opportunities for improvements by educating end users
- Maintain oversight of performance, including identifying areas for improvement by using recognised continuous improvement principles
- Analyse statistical reports and ensure remedial actions are taken; seek ways to reduce transaction volumes and ensure resources are used efficiently
- Ensure compliance with audit requests and prompt responses to MP letters, PQs
- Clearly communicate changes to transactional processes ensuring that impacts on other business areas are understood, escalating risks as necessary
- Provide strategic direction, proactive finance support and technical finance expertise for internal customers
- Proven track record of effectively managing the Purchase to Pay process in a fast-moving environment
- Extensive experience with finance ERP systems (preferably Oracle), to record, report and monitor financial transactions
- Experience of using reporting tools
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Extensive experience of effectively performance managing and motivating large teams
- Excellent time management, organisational and delegation skills
- Proven track record of continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience of collaboration with and management of demanding stakeholders
- Creative problem solving, active listening and negotiation skills to facilitate effective conflict resolution and positive outcomes
- Experience of the preparation, delivery, and follow-up of presentations tailored to different audiences
- Experience of managing a remote team
Civil Service Benefits - Extensive benefits
Closing/interview dates and location
The closing date for applications is 16/01/2019.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on 1/02/2019. If these dates are rescheduled, due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be advised by a member of the Hays team.