Group Financial Controller
Michael Page Finance are delighted to be supporting a fast growth SME in the Financial Services sector to hire a Group Financial Controller for their Cheltenham office.
This is a unique opportunity to join a business that has achieved so much in so little time, with only 5 years since it was established. Largely due to ambition and innovation, the businesses success also comes from hiring well. Experienced experts who are leaders in their field.
Based in Cheltenham, this is a No#1 in finance role to support the continued growth of the business. With growth comes growth pains and this role is tasked with developing all three pillars; processes, systems and people. There is an opportunity to take the Finance Director title in due course.
The role is tasked with managing a finance team of 4 (including 2 qualified Accountants) as well a broader team of 5 which includes oversight of the Group HR function. Our client are looking for an individual who can:
- Lead the team in the production of the monthly MI pack
- Lead the team in the production of the Management Account pack (included consolidated, group results)
- Prepare and own detailed budgets and forecasts
- Investigate and perform FDD on potential acquisitions
- Manage cash and banking relationships
- Manage VAT, PAYE and corporate tax
- Oversee outsourced agreements/contracts including payroll
- Act as the main point of contact for auditors and tax advisers
The successful applicant will have previous experience operating at Group Financial Controller level and will be comfortable commuting to Cheltenham. It is also important you meet the criteria below:
- Qualified Accountant (strong preference for an ACA)
- Experience working in the Financial Services sector
- Strong technical accounting skills - ability to manage VAT, Tax and be the main point of contacts for all banking and audit liaison
- Strong business partnering skills - we expect this person to be part of the Senior Leadership Team in their current role and demonstrate the ability to create and provide suitable MI for a leadership team
- Comfortable with the expectation of working for an SME (think <£100mill t/o). It is expected that you will have worked for an SME previously OR have worked within a smaller subsidiary of a larger business.
£70-000 - £90,000 (the salary will stretch for the right person) + Bonus + Package