This is a great opportunity for a rising PQ, Finalist or qualified Accountant.
My client is a national household brand name who have a regional office based in Cardiff
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Management Accountant plays a key role in the business.
With a multi-million pound capital budget, the Management Accountant is responsible for;
- Supporting the preparation of business plans and budgets, providing specialist advice to budget holders.
- Produce and present period actuals and forecasts for budget holders, including preparing period accruals, transfers and adjustments. Issue reports and support budget holders in understanding the impact of the period results and forecasts against budgets.
- Produce the period end business review pack and highlight any significant issues with financial and other business results.
- Monitor and promulgate corporate governance throughout the function and review compliance with financial regulations.
- Assist in investment appraisals and business case analysis.
- Model and analyse cost base and identify and monitor opportunities and efficiencies.
- Participate in budget holder key meetings to provide sound financial advice and support.
- Provide investment and project accounting services as required for areas of responsibility.
- Support the timely collection of business unit debts and payment of business unit creditors, and supply accurate periodic cash forecasts.
- Identify and manage commercial risks, including the financial suitability of new customers. Promote risk management in the function.
This role will suit a rising PQ, Finalist or Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
Ideally you will have gained experience in a large complex organisation.
You will have ideally worked with Oracle or SAP, however candidates with relevant skills gained in a similar without these systems will be considered.
This role will involve a significant number of stakeholder meetings, so excellent interpersonal skills and communications skills are vital.
You will have significant experience of Month End reporting.
A basic salary of c£32,000- £36,000 per annum
a choice of 2 pensions schemes;
1- defined benefits
2- defined contribution
Study leave options available for PQ's
28 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 5 years) + Bank holidays
other fantastic benifits.