Hays Senior Finance is proud to be partnered with the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), a non-departmental public body created through the Energy Act 2004. The NDA are responsible for the management and clean-up of a number of their nuclear sites; including their liability and assets. The NDA employ over 200 members of staff throughout their 17 sites in England, Wales and Scotland. They have a requirement for 2 x Financial Analysts who are CCAB qualified to join their Headquarters based at Moor Row, near Whitehaven on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Lead Finance Manager, the Financial Analysts will join a small team and be responsible for providing financial and business specialism to support strategy and business colleagues in developing, exploring and explaining delivery of the NDA strategy. This will include capturing large amounts of data and translating into meaningful analysis and completing Group Financial Assurance reviews to ensure compliance and effective delivery of the NDA requirements. Key responsibilities of this job are: -
- Assisting and guiding Group Subsidiaries on current IFRS adoption
- Providing commercial and financial quantification and support to investment decision-making across the NDA Group
- Assisting reporting functions across the Group to simplify and standardise processes
- Capturing large amounts of data and translating this into meaningful analysis
- Excellent stakeholder engagement which allows for appropriate feedback mechanisms to improve business processes across the NDA Group
The successful candidate(s) will be an experienced Qualified Accountant or Auditor with the ability to explain complex scenarios to individuals and stakeholders inside and outside the NDA, acting as a trusted adviser. The skill and experience required for this job include: -
- Qualified accountant, CIMA, CIPFA, ACCA, ACA.
- Proven track record of completing financial reviews and recommending improvements within a business/group
- Experience of working with large amounts of data in a commercial or operational finance function.
- Competency working with uncertainty and ambiguity, responding effectively to changing priorities.
- Good understanding of IFRS Standards, Taxation, Investment appraisal and treasury green book requirements.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to interpret and deliver effectively throughout the Group and to external parties.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables, vLookups and Macros.)
- Confidence to take things forward within changing environments
- Candidates must either hold or be capable of achieving Security Clearance.