Personal Tax Manager
AJ Chambers are recruiting for a Personal Tax Manager on behalf of a leading independent practice who provide a wide range of advisory and compliance services to a highly engaging client base.
The ideal candidate should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with partners as well as clients. This is a challenging and interesting role which provides a variety of work, for someone with a solid tax background wishing to build on their experience and help manage a successful and growing personal tax and trust team.
Our client provides exemplary employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent at all levels and is always striving to improve and optimise its employment practice. This practice is one of the best environments in the region to work at, their approach is committed, caring and conscientious and a big emphasis is placed on employees maintaining a healthy work-life balance. The successful candidate will have the responsibility for all aspects of their clients' work and the opportunity to get involved in business development.
As you can tell, this is an incredible opportunity for a driven and technically strong accountant to step up into a rewarding role which offers a high level of responsibility at a leading firm.
The position involves managing a portfolio of personal tax and trust clients, comprising of large family office groups, high net worth individuals and family trusts. The more junior members of the team will report to the manager, and the manager will be responsible for reviewing the work and developing the team, together with the manager peer group. The individual will be required to support the senior manager with the management of the team and processes.
Personal Tax Manager Responsibilities
- Handle a portfolio consisting of high net-worth individuals, directors and trustees
- Providing advice on capital gains and inheritance tax
- Attending meetings with clients to discuss and finalise tax matters
- Supervising and reviewing work completed by junior members of staff
- Providing technical advice to all sectors of the firm
- Monitoring and recording staff performance
- Oversee the annual compliance cycle on your portfolio
- Review tax returns, correspondence and advice drafted by more junior members of the team
- Prepare tax advisory letters, memos and reports for review and review drafts prepared by more junior members of the team
- Assist in developing the business and seek new opportunities both externally and internally
- Maintain an up-to-date technical knowledge of personal, trust and business tax matters
The Ideal Individual
- Will have gained relevant experience in a tax role in practice and must be proactive, driven with strong client handling, managerial and project management skills.
- Should already have had broad exposure to personal tax compliance but desire greater responsibility and an opportunity to demonstrate your flair for organisation by ensuring the smooth operation of a tax department’s compliance process; alternatively, you are running a portfolio of complex personal tax clients successfully but want to widen your technical skills and experience to include advisory projects. We will consider someone with mixed tax experience.
- Should also have experience of effective delegation, reviewing the work of others and mentoring more junior staff to enable them to develop further.
- You will need good knowledge of relevant Tax or Accounting software or similar packages in addition to strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
Education and experience
- Candidates will preferably be ATT or ACA/ACCA and CTA qualified or equivalent.
- Experience in a client facing role, managing a private client portfolio in the past
- Proven tax compliance experience including; Capital Gains Tax planning, Remuneration planning, IR35, Trusts/IHT, P11D, Property income
For more information on this Personal Tax Manager role, please either apply directly or contact Caitlan Warne at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements, please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.
Personal Tax Manager – Stevenage