The FC must be an exceptional hands-on accountant but equally commercially aware, advising on the best route for the business .
My client is a technology based start up that will transform the medical industry across the UK.
Working alongside a business's CEO and Chairman
The role of the Finance Controller shall gave overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.
Often managing and leading a busy team through operational periods including month end, year end and annual budgeting, a Finance Controller would have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, often having to work with various parts of the Company to help them plan and manage their own budgets, including rolling up their sleeves and taking the financial challenges of running a growing start-up operation.
The Company is an exciting but demanding and high paced growth period. In periods of change and growth an effective Finance Controller is critical, coordinating corporate finance and managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions as appropriate.
- Work with senior teams across the company to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Present annual accounts to investors.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
- Take on responsibility and tasks of Company secretarial role.
- The Company is also planning to potentially list in 12-18 months so having the experience of undertaking a listing on an exchange would be advantageous though not essential.
- An opportunity for the right candidate to grow with the business in into the role of Finance Director
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
£60,000 - £70,000 plus benefits