Legal Billing Controller
Do you have Legal billing experience? Robert Half are currently recruiting for a Global Legal Firm looking for a Legal Billing Controller to join their dynamic team.
Legal Billing Controller
The position is responsible for a broad range of processes related to the billing, accounting and banking functions of the London office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Produce pre-bills for London and other offices where needed at the beginning of each month and upon request.
- Review and edit pre-bills in response to partner requests.
- Ensure execution of complex and accurate billing in a timely manner.
- Respond promptly to all billing related queries and, when required, meet with partners to discuss billing.
- Prepare back-up documentation on several matters for one client.
- Scan billing related documents and file bills on a monthly basis.
- Ensure daily tasks are completed in a timely manner in accordance with Firm procedures.
- Ensure bills are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with relevant SRA and HMRC legislation
- Follow up with Partners/Associates/Secretaries as to whether invoices have been sent to the client
- Ensure relevant approval has been obtained for any special rates/agreed discounts
- Obtain an understanding of the various matters that to ensure prompt billing cycles; including chasing partners/fee earners regarding WIP to ensure tight billing deadlines are met.
- Ensure that bills are raised to entities for which we have appropriate Client Due Diligence.
- Production and accurate submission of invoices that are e-Billed
- Regularly assisting the Accounts team in other areas within the accounting and finance function, including accounts payable and cashiering.
- Assist with reconciliation reports.
- Apart from the duties summarised herein, we retain the right to include other reasonable duties which are part of, and incidental to accounting and finance, or assigned by the International Finance Manager, or the Finance Manager.
- You must come from the Legal sector and have experience as a Legal Biller or Legal Administrator
- 2-3 Years experience minimum in a similar position
- looking for a more all rounded position in the Legal Sector
Global Legal Firm based in Central London
Salary & Benefits
£40,000 - £45,000
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Legal Billing Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly