Reporting to the Finance Director on a day to day basis, the Financial Controller will be responsible for all financial accounting and cash control within the business including the production of management accounts, budgeting and forecasting, group reporting, year-end accounts and managing a team of 6 staff.
In addition to providing support to the Finance Director, the post holder will work closely with the Burts leadership and senior management team to enable sound business decisions to be made on a timely basis.
There will also be some commercial involvement with both customers and suppliers and you will also act as a key contact for the Company’s auditors, bank and the Company’s third party IT providers.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- General ledger data management and ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Managing the audit process and liaising with external partners
- Overseeing the standard costing and budgeting processes.
- Overseing the preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Managing, developing, mentoring and motivating the accounts team
- Contributing to company financial strategy and decision making process
- Undertaking business reporting and variance analysis.
- Ensuring robust financial systems and processes are in place.
- Leading, developing and implementing IT projects.
- VAT – monthly submission
- Overseeing tax and compliance
- Developing forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow).
- Treasury Management.
- Capital asset management.
Other tasks will include leading and assisting with projects as identified and defined for the benefit of the business, and deputising for the Finance Director as and when required.
This role will suit a CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified or finalist accountant who is flexible and hand-on. Ideally with a manufacturing background, gained in a larger corporate environment, you will be a proven coach who enjoys managing and motivating a successful team.
The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people at varying levels both internally and externally is paramount as is the ability to prioritise workload, work to tight deadlines and handle pressure in a fast moving and dynamic environment.
A high level of proficiency in MS Excel and good knowledge of integrated ERP systems is preferred.
If you're interested in this opportunity please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or for more information call Richard Horrocks at Hays Senior Finance in Truro