Credit Controller, Southampton
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are actively seeking a motivated Credit Controller to join a fast-paced and progressive logistics business in Southampton. The role offers an exciting opportunity in a busy and efficient accounts team. This business is rapidly growing and requires someone who wants to learn and progress with them.
- Ensure all clients' accounts are maintained on a weekly basis including daily allocation of
receipts and importing of invoices.
- Ensure credit limits are maintained and updated as soon as they are received from the Credit Insurer and reviewed and updated on at least a 6-monthly basis.
- Provide Statements to the clients on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with clients to ensure payments are received on time and report any late payments to the Managing Director before the payroll runs
- Liaise with Insurers on any issues with clients including the logging of overdue invoices
- Weekly reporting to shareholders as to debtor position and what is being done to recover
- Reconciliation of balances on client accounts and assistance with resolution of issues.
- Assist with the collection of salary overpayments as necessary.
- Provide a point of contact for the client so that they can ensure their account is up to date
and discuss any payment issues.
- To liaise with the Payroll department to ensure the invoice has been raised correctly and
credit notes raised in a timely fashion.
- To liaise with the Accounts Assistant in charge of the cashbook to ensure receipts are posted to the correct client code.
- Liaise with Sales Ledger so that reporting to shareholders is consistent.
The successful candidate will display a positive work ethic and good problem-solving capabilities. Experience in credit control is essential as well as the ability to explain complex information in a simple way.
The company has a fast-paced environment so being able to adapt to change is essential. Good communication skills and working well within a team are also incredibly important to succeed in this role.
A fantastic, forward thinking company with modern offices and great working environment in the heart of Southampton.
Consumer welfare is at the forefront of this businesses mind and they are looking for someone who shares these values.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- High quality training with the Financial controller
- Free parking on site
- 22 holidays days a year plus bank holidays
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Credit Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly