Management Accountant Manager
Management Accountant Manager – Bracknell - c£35,000
This fast-paced, global organisation requires a Management Accountant Manager within their European Commercial Finance team. You will take ownership of the monitor and control of budgets and actuals for the Central Services departments of the European Head Office, and be responsible for a spend of circa £90m over 55 cost centres. You will also provide specialist financial support to cost centre managers and drive commercial and business strategy efficiency improvements.
Preparation and consolidation of Central Services cost centres for budget and actual activities
- Ownership of the accounting of actual and budgets for IS, HR, Finance, Customer Division and PR
- Develop, maintain & prepare variance analysis between budget & monthly actual P&L figures, explaining variances to plan
- Assist Budget holders with the preparation and review of quarterly budgets, forecasts and mid term plans; providing explanations of variances to previous submissions
- Coordinate the production of the monthly management reports Central Services, reporting achievements to all Head Of Departments.
- Provide Finance training to new cost centre managers
- Ability to review current processes and drive improvements
- Carry out ad-hoc reporting and analysis from statistical and financial information when required
Ownership of the Balance Sheets of the Central Services departments
- Co-ordinate relevant monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations (Accruals, Prepayments, FA), highlighting any exposure, and review with European Financial Reporting and Accounting Department Manager.
- Manage the depreciation forecasting and actual postings processes
Ownership of Budget and Functional Unit Reporting Guideline setting and communications
- Working with the Pan-E Financial Reporting and Accounting Department Manager, responsible for the co-ordination of budget review and presentation meetings to the Senior Vice Presidents
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Part-qualified or Newly Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA or equivalent) looking to forge a career in a fast paced Global multi national company
- IFRS accounting knowledge preferred
- Previous experience of working in a European environment preferred
- A technically able accountant, with a good understanding of business in general, with commercial awareness and experience
- Well developed level of communication, networking and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- SAP, Excel and Hyperion high level knowledge is a desirable
- A proactive and pre-emptive approach to matters; a naturally curious and questioning manner; the ability and desire to dig in and work hard to achieve time-critical tasks, where required.