Robert Half are exclusively working with a leading Educational institution to bring on board an intelligent and innovative Financial Controller. This corporation is highly respected worldwide because of what they do, the high level of education they provide their students and the development and work life balance they offer their employers.
This position is reporting directly into the Finance Director and you will be working closely with the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis.
If you are looking to work for a company that wants all employers to add real value and make an impact, then please apply to find out more.
As the Financial Controller, you will be overseeing a team of 12 and have 5 direct reports into you. The individual coming on board will be leading the groups financial accounting and transnational teams, providing high quality accounting, external reporting, risk management and internal control.
- Line manager to transaction team and Financial Accounting team (12 people)
- Provide leadership, management and development of team members
- Liaise with FP&A manager to ensure smooth working across the Finance function
- Optimise purchasing processes and efficiency to improve internal and external stakeholder satisfaction
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the transnational team output
- Review and authorisation of payment transmissions
- Optimise invoicing and debt collection process and efficiency to improve internal and external stakeholder satisfaction
- Manage credit risk and on time collection of debts
- Optimise payroll processes and efficiency to improve internal and external stakeholder satisfaction
- Manage on time month end accounting and ensure compliance with Accounting standards and legislation
- Deliver statutory and other external reporting on time and to a high quality
- Manage tax reporting and compliance
- Provide high quality, relevant cash-flow reporting and Treasury recommendations
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience knowledge of financial accounting and external reporting
- Strong Excel skills
- Experienced people manager
- Strong business problem solving skills
- Good finance systems knowledge and some system implementation experience
This organisation's ethos is all around providing the best platform for their employers, staff and pupils to develop and better themselves. The finance team has doubled over the last four years and this is purely down to the success of the business. My client has open planned offices based in central Woking with a great working environment within where everyone is encouraged to add value for the betterment of the business!
£60,000 - £70,000 + Lucrative Benefits Package
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice