Are you looking to build a long and rewarding career in Tax based locally to Cambridge?
Our client is a modern, friendly practice looking to hire a motivated, ambitious individual. The successful candidate will need to be confident as you will be working with a wide range of clients including high net worth individuals, trustees, small and medium sized companies and their Directors.
The ideal candidate will have at least a years’ experience in Public Practice accountancy and will ideally be at least studying ATT. Study Support is on offer and the firm is known for encouraging their employees to reach their full potential.
- Assist in the preparation of tax returns and computations by entering source information provided by clients, including preparing rental income accounts and other associated tasks.
- Drafting Capital Gains Tax computations for senior review.
- Preparing other HMRC forms for senior review, including tax elections, and amending PAYE tax codes.
- Ensure that professional ethical procedures are adhered to.
- Manage and update the in-house database for client details.
- Carry out duties assigned by the associate or manager efficiently, in accordance with the firms’ procedures
- Ensure that review points raised on the work by managers and associates are cleared promptly
- Record time spent on each client’s affairs using relevant computer software
- Working towards a relevant professional qualification such as ATT, CTA, ACA, ACCA
- At least one year of experience working within a tax department in practice
- Experience of using Microsoft packages, internet, email and other computerised packages.
- Experience of assisting in the preparation of tax returns.
Our client is considering a wide range of skillsets so if you feel you could be relevant please apply directly or contact Caitlan Warne at AJ Chambers.
Tax Assistant - Cambridge