VAT Manager / Senior Manager
My client is looking for an experienced VAT Manager. There is clear route for progression.
Top 20 Accountancy firm.
We are looking for someone to come in at a manager/senior manager level, work closely with the Partner and then in the future potentially take over the VAT area.
Need to have good technical knowledge, be client facing, dynamic, be able to bring work in as well as do it.
Someone who wants to be proactive, network, assist with marketing, writing articles, BD and generally help build the business.
Current Partner is ex top 6
Looking for 5 years practice experience.
The VAT Manager/Senior Manager duties will be:
- Advise clients on VAT requirements at the appropriate level based on experience, knowledge and competency
- Act as central figure of VAT team, ensuring delivery of the team's work so it is completed within a specific timeframe
- Manage and nurture the VAT team, provide practical advice to and develop the junior team members
- Ensure risk to wrong advice has been managed and, where appropriate, evidenced
- Act as the right hand person to VAT partner, making sure you are available and ready to push delegated work to completion
- Delegate appropriate work to more junior team members
- Complete timesheets accurately and in a timely manner
- Build relationships with the Associate Partners, with the purpose of leveraging VAT advisory work and identifying cross-selling opportunities
- Prepare technical updates to be circulated to all staff
- Aim to achieve a utilisation of 80% chargeable, when possible
At least 5 years' experience of working within a practice environment
Experience of advising OMB's on VAT matters
Experience in handling a portfolio of clients
Ideally experience of networking, business development and article writing