My exclusive client is a medium sized manufacturing business which is embarking on a transformation programme to reorganize the group so it can deliver on its future targets.
Following the recent appointment of a CFO they are seeking an experienced Financial Controller who will be responsible for all group financial and management reporting. They will also facilitate financial analysis and business performance reviews on an ongoing basis, to co-ordinate and support the preparation of budgets. Based at the main group Head Office near J28 of the M1 they will also oversee finance activities at several other operating sites in the UK.
- Management oversight of all aspects of Receivables/Payables/Credit Control/VAT/Fixed Assets/Currency Hedging/Accruals/Prepayments /IFRS compliance/Cost Centre management & Cash management.
- Month end closing of management accounts and reporting both to local management and external investors.
- Statutory and external reporting.
- Managing processes & Systems, including risk management
- Maintaining and upgrading the internal control systems
- Supporting the development of the annual business plan & budgetary cycle.
- Leadership and development of finance staff
- Ensuring the Finance Department provides exceptional customer service and continually driving improvement within the department.
- Preparation of year end accounts and audit pack.
- Ensuring the authenticity of all data, ensuring statutory compliance.
- Liaising with auditors as required.
- Qualified accountant with at least 5 years PQE in a busy, progressive and tightly managed business, including monthly reporting, annual budget preparations, cash flow reporting and statutory accounts.
- Ideally you will have acquired corporate reporting experience delivering high quality financial information to deadlines.
- Extensive experience of computerised accounting systems.
- Strong spreadsheet manipulation skills and aptitude for Excel work.
- Self-motivated and a consistent performer under pressure.
- Demonstrable experience of managing an established accounts team.
- Previous experience of reporting to external investors or funders would be useful.
- Salary of £65-75k + Bonus + Pension
- 25 days holiday
- Ideally you will be available on less than 3 months notice
For further details and to discuss the post in more depth please forward a CV for immediate consideration.
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly