Robert Half Finance & Accounting are pleased to be supporting our client based in St Albans on the recruitment of an excellent 14-15 month contract Business Controller role. You will be working with the whole business ensuring all corporate policies are adhered too, responsible for group reporting, controls, SOX and process improvements.
The Business Controller will be responsible for :
- Assisting in all HFM input & reporting ( ensuring accuracy & timeliness), including supplemental accounts
- Assisting in preparation & submission of HFM management reports
- STAT to GAAP differences, reconciled to US GAAP - including HFM journal entries.
- Reviewing & sign off of accounting reconciliations & submissions.
- Adequate segregation of duties in systems & processes
- Access rights to systems/master file data
- Implementation of all appropriate controls, documentation & approval procedures
- Manage/monitor disbursement controls, Account reconciliations, closing procedures
- Revenue recognition - checks & control.
- Review key provisions & accruals in accordance with policy.
- Recording/ Flowcharting & documenting of all processes, identifying risk & control. Including reference to key accounting policies.
- Statutory filings in accordance with corporate requirements
- Assist in co-ordination with external auditors, regarding data preparation & information, accounting controls & procedures.
We are looking for a fully qualified or part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) who has experience of financial reporting (UK GAAP/US GAAP) SOX controls, processes and procedures and ensuring corporate policies are adhered too. Experience of a managing relationships with the wider business including management would be ideal.
Our client are a successful SME business based in St Albans.
Salary & Benefits
A salary of £55,000 to £65,000 dependant on relevant experience plus package
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice