Internal Audit Manager
Robert Half is partnered with a leading construction and infrastructure services business, to secure a new Internal Audit Manager. They're based in Central London and offering a daily rate of £300-400 per day, for 12 months.
- Closely manage relationships with senior management, including holding regular meetings to discuss the audit plan and audit actions
- Conduct independent internal audits in line with the agreed internal audit plan across the UK and internationally (around 30% travel).
- Carry out detailed risk and control assessments, including testing of the key areas, to review the existence and effectiveness of the controls in place
- Document audit workings, evidence obtained and test results to a high standard that are subject to management and third party review
- Present and agree factual audit findings to management through the audit process and formally at closing meetings
- Draft clear and concise formal audit reports that explain the audit findings, root causes, consequences and agreed actions in a timely manner
- Own the follow up process on agreed audit actions including regularly chasing management for responses and escalating late responses in a timely manner
- Advise management on risk and control related matters, as required
- Assist with producing Audit Committee reports and to attend the Audit Committee meetings, as and when required
- Commensurate experience in Internal Audit and able to demonstrate current/previous performance at managing audits
- A strong understanding of general business risks and controls and Internal Audit methodology
- Excellent workload and time management skills and ability/determination to keep to agreed deadlines whilst working on multiple audits simultaneously
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively communicate at all levels - written and verbal - including strong report writing skills
- Good at building relationships and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Ability to identify factual issues quickly through analytical thinking and controls based testing and to use sound business acumen to suggest practical, cost effective and value adding solutions
- Needs to be comfortable working independently and sometimes remotely, without direct supervision
- Ability to make day-to-day audit decisions (e.g. relating to sample sizes, issue/report ratings or stakeholder management) with minimal input from line manager
The Internal Audit Manager will join a business best known for their work within the PFI space. They're rapidly growing, and operate internationally, particularly within the fields of property development, engineering, road and rail and investments.
Salary & Benefits
As well as a rate of between £300-400 per day, the new Internal Audit Manager will join a highly commercial team, in a thriving part of London's West End.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice