Assistant Accountant - Circa £24 - £32k - Southampton
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are pairing with a renowned technology company based in Southampton, most known for their employee progression. A market leader within its industry, the client has boasted recent growth and success over the past year, and are expecting the success to continue on in the future, looking to bring on an ambitious Assistant Accountant to support this growth.
By getting to provide financial accounting support across the whole group; we are looking for someone who is highly organised, has good excel skills and will be a pivotal point of contact for the Finance Director.
Key Responsibilities for the Assistant Accountant:
- Producing monthly management accounts.
- Overseeing ledger processing.
- Balance sheet control account reconciliations.
- Producing and submitting VAT claims each month.
- Assisting with the annual budget.
- Significant contributions to other business and operational aspects.
Key Requirements of the Assistant Accountant:
- Work independently, yet still respond well to management support.
- Be proactive and self-reliant.
- Strong ability to problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well with clients.
- Intermediate or Advanced level in Excel.
SALARY: Circa £24k - £32k per annum
- Pension scheme
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Staff Discounts
- On-site Parking
- Study support
This position would suit someone with experience in ledger processing, finance analysis, financial analyst, reporting, forecasts, budgets, excel, problem solving, powerpoint, profit and loss, capital expenditure, revenue statistics, influencing, business partnering, ACCA, ACA, CIMA or AAT.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice