An all-rounder Finance Manager role reporting directly to the Finance Director and CEO is available within an international shipping organisation based in South West London.
My client is an internationally known shipping organisation which operates a large fleet of oil tankers with a number of recognisable shipping names. Based in South West London they boast a good location and environment to work in with a number of employees experienced in their fields.
The opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to join the team and lead the day-to-day activities of the function, manage two direct reports, and support the Finance Director and CEO directly. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Management of all monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting;
- Delivery of management reporting with analysis and commentary to assess company performance;
- Ownership for preparation of the annual budget, working directly with budget holders in the business;
- Work closely with HR around control and compliance matters, payroll, and pension;
- Identify and lead on opportunities to improve process and drive efficient and accurate reporting.
As a strong applicant for this Finance Manager position you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
- Demonstrate all-round experience across financial and management reporting;
- Show a background in systems upgrades/implementations or process improvements;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with senior management;
- Be comfortable managing a team.
The offer to the successful candidate will be between £60,000-£70,000 (depending on experience) plus benefits including bonus, pension, and PMI. You will also have the opportunity to operate closely with senior management and develop your business understanding, as well as having the remit to drive projects.