Robert Half Financial Services are currently working with an American listed Financial Services firm based at Canary Wharf, helping them source a Financial Controller for a 12 month assignment.
To be considered for this role - candidates must be qualified (ACA/CA, ACCA) and have 8+ years post qualified experience.
You must have good knowledge of both US and UK GAAP. Previous experience using Peoplesoft is desirable.
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Rate: £65-£70 per hour
This firm well known American Financial Services firm now has a global reach and has become a household name. They are well respected and have continued to have steady growth over the last 20 years.
In this role you will be covering the role of the current Financial Controller who will be focusing their time on a systems project. You shall report into the Senior Manager and work to ensure the finance team operates efficiently and effectively and produces accurate financial statements.
You shall have 4-6 direct reports and be responsible for collaborating with peers and other departments to achieve common goals and objectives.
As Financial Controller your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly close so that all financial reporting deadlines and control policies are met.
- Liaises with other upper management to discuss and resolve US & Local GAAP accounting implications related to accounting transactions, business developments, entity financial conditions, policy and procedures.
- Manage internal and external audits; working with auditors to ensure a timely year end audit; and resolve any issue in a professional manner.
- Manage the preparation of external statutory reports, including filings, ensuring an accurate and timely completion.
- Applies accounting judgement when reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, contracts, new accounting pronouncements, and account analyses; detailed review with direct manager.
Rate: £65-£70 per hour
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly