In-house Tax Manager
Robert Half are hiring for an In-house Tax Manager for a listed company based in Central Milton Keynes. This is a permanent role that can be considered on either a full-time or part-time basis (either 3 or 4 days per week).
Working as part of an global in-house tax team of 6 people, the Tax Manager will initially be responsible for the VAT and indirect tax affairs of the company in the UK - Specifically this involves review of VAT/Indirect tax compliance and working on project to improve the VAT/Indirect Tax processes within the SSC.
After this project is completed and the VAT processes and running smoothly, this role will broaden out and start dealing with direct tax work as well (UK CT, international tax, Transfer Pricing, and perhaps employment taxes).
Overall the role will be biased towards compliance/reporting/process improvement, but this person will also get involved in project and advisory work as well.
Indirect Tax role responsibilities
- Taking ownership of UK indirect tax compliance, including reviewing and filing of VAT returns, Intrastat declarations and EC Sales lists.
- Perform continuous reviews of processes and controls ensuring best practice is applied.
- Provide VAT technical support on day to day transactional activities
- Management of ad-hoc HMRC enquiries
- Management of Indirect import procedures - including reconciling C79 to duty deferment, ensuring export evidence retained
- Reviewing customs compliance
Direct Tax role responsibilities
- Preparation of UK corporate tax returns, including the ixbrl tagging of statutory accounts, ready for Group Tax review. This will include maximising the capital allowances claim and considering whether patent box and/or research and development credits are available.
- Preparation of the payment on account calculations for Group Tax review and dealing with the associated Group Payment Arrangement filings requirements.
- Preparation of the UK group's CT61 filings and other ad hoc HMRC correspondence.
- Preparation of the tax disclosures for the UK statutory accounts.
The company are looking to hire someone qualified (ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CTA) with good UK VAT or Indirect Tax experience. This experience could have been gained either from working in practice or from working in industry
Experience in direct taxes would be a plus but is not required as they tax team are happy to train this person on direct taxes if they have no experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has worked in indirect tax in practice to gain their first in-house experience, and to broaden out into doing direct tax work as well. Or it would equally suit someone with VAT compliance work in industry looking to be trained in tax and work for a larger business and tax team.
The company are a leading, listed manufacturing business based in Central Milton Keynes, with a highly-reputed in-house tax team
Salary & Benefits
Salary is likely to be in the region of £45,000 to £60,000 (pro-rata), dependent on experience.
On top is a bonus of circa 20% plus pension contributions, healthcare, and dependent on the level potentially a car allowance as well.
They are also able to offer fully study support for the CTA for someone who is interested in becoming a qualified tax advisor.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice