Senior Finance Analyst
Robert Half is working with a highly reputable IT and Technology business in Guildford to bring on-board a Senior Finance Analyst. This is a brand-new division and an opportunity for someone to be the first of many in a rapidly growing team for a business that has unstoppable potential!
The focus of your role is to build strong relationships and influence the key decisions that improve business performance within your division. You will be commercially astute, able to assess and quantify real risk associated with bids and contracts. You will be at the forefront of discussions with varied stakeholders, a key player in decision making, challenging the status quo and influential in strategy formulation / implementation. Comfortable with bringing a level of gravitas to dealing with ambiguity, focused on business outcomes whilst delivering on business obligations.
Adapting to cultural and relational considerations, you will lead development and maintenance of good, trusted stakeholder relationships.
- Work closely with and influence senior management to help drive business performance. Improve the impact and understanding of financial KPI's to business outcomes, ensuring high quality financial decisions are taken.
- Provide commercial insight on the month end results, trends and follow up actions. Provide clear and concise articulation of financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Preparing and producing high quality monthly, quarterly and yearly forecast for your division. Ensuring month on month forecast deltas are fully understood and explained to non-financial stakeholders.
- Proactive approach with risks and opportunities when planning, forecasting and managing your division.
- Drive the financial efficiency with senior management ensuring that resources are allocated effectively with rigorous pressure on costs and commitment to a value for money approach. (i.e. monthly cost of sales and overhead reviews with General Managers)
- Commercial approach to review and analyses bids, ability to support, identify and articulate complex areas of the bid whilst focusing on the key areas of risk with appropriate mitigation plans translating into financials.
- Partner with the regional sales team to analyse new business development opportunities for existing businesses and model new strategic bids to demonstrate their financial viability.
- Providing support and guidance to ensure effective and accurate financials, especially revenue recognition fulfil IFRS 15 guidelines.
- Adhoc support on forecasting and reporting to Senior Finance Manager, Financial Services when required.
- Be willing to share and learn best practice from colleagues based in USA, UK and Australia
- Ensure that the area under your control operate an appropriate and effective set of financial controls and ensure the overall integrity of the accounts in line with good accounting practice.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA), BAE Systems finance knowledge preferable
- Good commercial acumen including an understanding of pricing strategies and cost recovery models
- Experience of software accounting & professional services is desirable
- Experience in driving cost savings and margin improvement
- High attention to detail
- Advanced excel modelling and data analytical skills
- Comfortable working with SAP and Project Accounting principles
- Experience of working across cultures and time zones (desirable)
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-function team and at various seniority levels in the organisation
Salary & Benefits
£50,000 - £55,000 + Car allowance + Bonus + Pension + Private Health care + Flexible working
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice