The permanent division of Robert Half Finance and Accounting are currently seeking a QBE Senior Accountant to join an successful international business based in Watford. Providing equipment to the hospitality sector, they are the market leaders in their chosen field and are currently experiencing a large period of growth.
Due to the growing nature of the business, our client is seeking a QBE Senior Accountant to join them on a permanent basis, your responsibilities will include;
- Prepare month-end closing procedures including, but not limited to:
- Perform monthly accruals, prepayments and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Analysis of cost-of-goods-sold and operating expenses.
- Responsible for timely preparation and issuance of cost centre reports
- Prepare the monthly management financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of local statutory financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of other reports provided to management as requested, including variance explanations.
- Preparation and submission of monthly EC Sales List, Intrastat and VAT returns including full reconciliation of associated general ledger accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of Corporation Tax schedules
- Assist in the preparation of audit deliverables and work with external auditors to support the annual financial statement audit
- Preparation and submission of National Statistics Returns.
- Interact with management in various departments within all levels of the organisation
- Ensure accuracy of transactions and financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Other projects as assigned
The role is a busy position, the successful applicant will need to be able to cope with pressure and have existing experience in month end, fixed assets, deprecation, EC Sales List, Intrastat and VAT Returns. You will likely be a QBE and have an excellent ability to work under pressure, be highly skilled in Excel and have exposure to at least one variation of ERP systems.
This position is looking to pay up to £40,000 and is based locally in Watford. For more information on this QBE Senior Accountant position please contact Sam Somerfield at Robert Half on 01908 201420 or apply below.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Senior Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly