Robert Half are currently working with one of the UK's largest travel businesses to bring on a Management Accountant to join their growing team. This is the ideal opportunity for an individual who is studying and looking to take the next step in their career.
- Report monthly results for management accounts including ad-hoc reports. This involves all management accounting functions in the finance team and includes detailed reconciliations of bank accounts; purchase ledger; sales ledger; accruals and prepayments; etc as well as monthly reconciliations of the net balances on affiliates accounts and of inter -company balances.
- Complete and Check VAT returns.
- Manage information and people to meet reporting deadlines as well as contributing to the improvement and design of the processes to achieve this.
- Responsible for reports of commission due to members and ensuring all queries are resolved and commission is paid within strict deadlines
- Liaising with outsourced Transaction Team to ensure all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) met for both Members and Business Partners, including ensuring payments made within agreed terms.
- Maintain company asset register and amortisation schedule.
- Checking Personal incentive forms and commission for Affiliates
- Be involved in statutory financial accounts completion in line with the Group reporting deadlines.
- Manage the foreign exchange process, including reconciliations of the bank account, and member queries etc.
- Contribute to monthly/weekly Finance meetings providing reports and analysis for decision making.
- Oversee maintenance, year end roll up and upgrades of Sage.
- Assisting with weekly cash forecasts.
- Overseeing the Group intercompany reconciliation function.
- Assist with ad-hoc finance projects and tasks as required.
The ideal candidate will have experience within Management Accounts and have the ability to produce a timely set of accounts. The candidate should have strong communication skills and be professional at all times. The ideal candidate will be studying a relevant accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) and be part way through their studies.
This growing travel business have strong company values focused on supporting each other and always being passionate about their work. They offer clear progression routes to all of their employees as well as offering the opportunity to work closely with senior level managers to gain further exposure within the business.
Salary & Benefits
£34,000 - £38,000 + Pension + Life insurance + Private Medical Care
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice