Management Accountant / Finance Accountant
Job Title: Management Accountant
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 6th December 2018
The Company is a multi-award-winning UK company, including winners of three prestigious Queen's Awards for Enterprise in Innovation and numerous heating industry accolades.
As Europe's largest water treatment manufacturer it is their mission to work towards a future where every heating and cooling system is protected and maintained thus eliminating the headache of system breakdowns for everyone. Company's best practice approach is being adopted by installers and heating engineers around the world. At the forefront of pioneering technology, they provide innovative products and chemical solutions for all types of commercial and domestic buildings in the UK, France, the DACH region, Norway, North America, Canada and China. Growing UK and international markets is part of their growth strategy.
Company's industry leading approach to system maintenance best practice is supported by a comprehensive range of magnetic filters and water treatment premium chemicals, UKAS accredited laboratory and water testing services. Their best-selling range of MagnaClean filters have been installed in more than four million UK homes alone to date. This is supported by their own range of premium quality chemicals.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join the team.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To assist the Financial Controller in the management of the department through accurate and timely processing and financial reporting. Produce quality management information to assist with top level strategic decisions.
- Preparation and review of monthly management accounts for European subsidiary
- Assist with the preparation of the consolidated group accounts
- Management and reconciliation of multi-currency bank accounts
- Management of overseas supplier payments
- Management of weekly cashflow forecasts for all currencies
- Assist with annual budget preparations for the group
- Geographical "sales out" reporting, highlighting concerns and opportunities
- Liaising with French and US accountants, ensuring all filing deadlines are met
- Payroll management for overseas employees
- Month end stock reporting and accuracy of product cost valuations
- Preparation of statutory HMRC returns
- Assist sales team with ad hoc contract pricing requests
- Preparation of tax schedules for various UK Corporation Tax schemes
- Exploring potential areas for cost saving and increased profitability
- Assisting and supporting other members of the team, 2 direct reports
- Responding to any ad hoc departmental requests
The Successful Candidate will have/ be:
- Experience of working within a similar role with a track record of meeting deadlines and getting things done
- Experience in the preparation of management accounts and the ability to narrate financial performance
- Experience of working with data in all formats and presenting it in a format which is clear and understandable
- Supervisory experience
- Part or fully qualified accountant ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Computer literate with advanced /intermediate excel skills
- A self-starter who is used to problem solving
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure as part of a team to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Commercially aware
- Adaptable and Approachable
- A quick learner with a positive, can do attitude
Although not essential some exposure to French and US accounting standards and reporting requirements and experience of working in a manufacturing business would be beneficial.
In addition to a competitive salary, the successful candidate will also benefit from a range of excellent benefits which includes:
- A generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare cover
- Life assurance
- On-site parking
- Employee discounts
In addition, the successful candidate will have the satisfaction of joining an ambitious and high growth International Company, offering great scope for career progression and a commitment to your ongoing training and development.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: This vacancy may close early if we receive a particularly high volume of applications. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, do not delay.