Financial Accountant/ Assistant Financial Controller
Robert Half is currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant/ Assistant Financial Controller for a fast-moving Market Research and Media Agency based in Southwark. Our client is looking for a bright, committed and passionate individual who is looking for a varied finance role.
As a key member of the finance team you'll need to be confident in dealing with non-financial stakeholders of all levels, be able to solve problems proactively and have a capacity and desire to learn. You'll also become a super user on some of our finance and management systems that help us run the business - this will help you get to grips with the how the business operates.
- Critical evaluation of business controls and processes including recommending and driving implementation to ensure we protect company assets and can fulfil our financial obligations.
- Active participation in the monthly close process.
- Ensure AP/AR, including cash/bank recs, /Intercompany Reconciliations/Balance Sheets are reviewed and properly reconciled on a regular basis and that all variances are reviewed and resolved on a timely basis
- Understand and promote best practice within finance and other department, particularly around cash incentives, credit card payments, supplier payments and the order to cash process
- Develop, disseminate, and implement a set of clear, simplified financial policies, procedures, and controls and ensure that they are always consistent/up to-date with accounting standards and adhered to at all times.
- Become a superuser of our finance systems, continuously improving the performance, application and buy-in to our finance and management systems in order to make the business run more smoothly for finance and non-finance.
- Lead annual statutory accounts and tax computation processes, whilst it is not essential that you are an expert in either - having a working understanding of both is preferable - there are experts who can assist as necessary.
- Cross train with the management accountant on monthly dashboard and KPI reporting for the Partnerships business
- Optimize and improve existing management reporting and devise new and innovative reports to meet business needs and aid internal decision making for the Propositions business
- There is potential for line management with this role, which would come with responsibility for training, coaching and developing team members
- £45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
- Newly Qual CIMA/ACCA or ACAs from mid-size practice
- Confident/ articulate in person
- Solutions focused & a natural problem solver
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Financial Accountant/ Assistant Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly