Audit & Accounts Manager - Media & Entertainment
To be a trusted advisor to creative and provide a client focused and commercially aware service in an efficient and professional manner. To be part of the media client relationship team on coordinating client activities.
This well know Top 20 firm have been helping clients build their business for more than 90 years, they work with clients to understand their potential and ambitions, and provide all the information and support they need to achieve them.
As media and entertainment business advisers, my client understand that businesses and creatives within the sector are presented with many unique challenges. They understand these challenges and offer practical solutions for film, TV and theatre production companies, as well as specialist services for individual performers.
- Manages a portfolio of media clients (starting at around £400k) ensuring that for each client all deadlines are met, the work is carried out within budget, company evaluations at completed, implementing share options and the job is finalised to minimise partner review time.
- Takes part in other ad-hoc exercises such as investigations, due diligence, company valuations, employee share scheme advice and other duties as required by clients or partners.
- Provides clear instruction and constructive feedback to staff in a timely manner.
- Acts as training manager and mentor to allocated trainees.
- Ensure trainees receive the correct work experience to meet professional standards.
- Assists with motivation of all staff and takes an active role in managing issues informally, raises more serious matters with HR where appropriate.
- Produces training material and regularly presents training to trainees on a specific media sector topics.
- Actively participates in meetings, workshops and training.
- Takes an active role in practice development activities aiming to build on current client relationships and establish new opportunities.
- Attends training and is committed to CPD, continually developing and increasing their knowledge and skills to give the best possible service and advice to clients and staff.
- Assists with billing procedures and debt collection where appropriate and in liaison with client partner.
- Relevant Accounting Qualification such as ACA or ACCA.
- Experience of or a passion for the media and entertainment sector would be desirable but not essential
- Commercially aware and able to apply and communicate technical knowledge in a clear and commercial way.
- Experience managing both people and a portfolio
- Experience in tax particularly corporation tax
- Commitment to client care and service beyond expectation.
- Commitment to CPD and ensuring technical competence is continually improved
- Ability to give feedback in a constructive manner
- Deadlines/time management
- Attention to detail
Unique and varied position to work with a high profile entertainment client base
Supportive firm which offers career progressions
Salary and benefits