This Plant Accountant role is fantastic opportunity to work for a market leading manufacturing business that truly values their employees. It has a commercial focus and is critical to site performance.
Global Manufacturing business with an excellent reputation and strong financial performance.
The Plant Accountant for this excellent manufacturing business will be required to be;
- Responsible for financial reporting of production and corresponding use of raw material, utilities and labour & overhead. Analysis and understanding of usage variances in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for periodic review of bill of materials, cost updates and product cost accuracy
- Ensure and contribute to successful monthly closing processes through determination of accruals, account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget and monthly forecast data for the plant cost (manufacturing overhead expenses)
- Perform budget/forecast to actual analysis and explanations to monitor financial performance
- Reconcile inventory balance on a monthly basis
- Lead the organisation, completion, control and evaluation of periodic physical inventory processes
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to partner outside of finance in this crucial appointment for the business. This is a genuine value adding role and a highly visible role at the manufacturing site.
The successful Plant Accountant will be;
- 4-5 years of accounting experience with an emphasis in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to effectively prioritise with varying deadlines and complexities.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office packages, have excellent attention to detail and be a competent communicator
Fantastic basic salary (£45-55,000) and benefits package that includes bonus, pension and flexible working.