Accounts & Advisory Junior Manager - Not for Profit
This role is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious accountant with a passion for charities who is looking to take the first step into a managerial position.
My clients Not for Profit Business Services team is currently looking for an Assistant Business Services Manager to join the team to support the wider team with managing client accounts and relationships, Bookkeeping, Management Accounts, UK VAT and related services, on a regular basis to a wide portfolio of clients.
You will be based London office, in order to work alongside our Not For Profile Audit and Accounts team. As part of this role, you will maintain accounting records on our in-house Sage accounts/QuickBooks accounting software and showcase an expert understanding of all things digital. This will give you the chance to show off your technical abilities and the genuine interest in developing your abilities within this area.
- Responsible for a varied and exciting charities portfolio.
- Leading a team and coaching junior members of staff.
- Helping, supporting and advising clients on a range of financial issues
- The update of the accounting records from the information and documentation made available.
- The reconciliation of all major control accounts, the preparation of notes and draft management reporting for review by the portfolio supervisor.
- The preparation of UK VAT and related returns.
- Ensuring that all assignments are carried out within specified timeframes.
- Ensuring delivery of reporting in line with client / HM Revenue & Customs / statutory deadlines.
- Ensuring that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
- 3 years + experience within Management Accounts/Bookkeeping/Outsourcing team.
- Must have experience of working in a practice environment.
- Qualified accountant
- Experience of or passion for the Not For Profit sector
- Experience of mentoring, training and developing junior level staff up would be desirable.
- Excellent bookkeeping skills and fully experienced in the preparation of UK VAT, related returns and management reporting
- Completely conversant in the use of Sage Line 50, Word and Excel. Experience in the use of QuickBooks and similar accounting solutions will be advantageous
- Good knowledge of UK VAT and related legislation.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Organisation/time management skills.
- Communication - good written, verbal and active listening skills.
- Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across.
- Methodical and logical thinking.
- Team player.
- Use initiative to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Market leading programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- Competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses