Robert Half is currently recruiting for a fast-growing Fin-Tech organisation, who specialises in providing software and financial trading tools for large financial trading organisations. Our client is currently recruiting for a Commercial Management accountant for a 12 Month FTC.
- full responsibility for the whole set of accounts right up to trial balance. Some back up will be supplied by other team members but overall responsibility for the company accounts will lie with this role, including:
- Intercompany reconciliation preparation, ensuring all the intercompany balances tie
- in and calculating foreign exchange differences.
- Overall responsibility for the company's monthly accruals, including working with and
- reviewing other team members' work. Preparation of commission and legal accruals.
- Review of the Balance Sheet accounts spreadsheet.
- Responsibility for the consolidation including reviewing the trial balances prepared by
- other members of staff to ensure that the TBs are correct and ready for consolidation.
- Full responsibility for the sales function, including developing and maintaining a close
- relationship with the sales and project management teams in order to monitor the
- This includes managing the accounting for company revenues, deferred income, accrued
- income, sales pipelines, and detailed project reports. Reviewing all contracts to ensure
- they are correct.
- Reviewing actual versus budget information for Head of Departments and other relevant
- Ad hoc reporting as required.
- Preparation of the monthly board pack for senior management. Narrating the variances for
- Exec/ Shareholder level review.
- Assistance with the annual budgeting process and updating monthly forecasts.
- Preparation of FRS101 Systems
- financial statements and supporting schedules, with the assistance from the Accountants.
- Reviewing cashflows regularly with the Group Financial Controller. Reviewing the costs by
- liaising with the Financial Accountant. With the inherent knowledge of revenue, ensuring
- accurate probabilities of when cash is likely to come in.
- Project tracking and providing assistance to Project Managers where required. Reviewing
- Support & Maintenance margins.
- Working closely with Sales and the Professional Services team to review all project
- estimates in Statement of Works and contracts from the outset. Calculating the annual
- standard costs.
- Preparation of company R&D calculation bi-annually for annual review by tax advisers and
- submission to HMRC.
- Reviewing the budget to ensure that POs can be signed off and authorising POs.
- Providing cover for other team members during times of absence, including deputising the
- Group Financial Controller.
- £45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
- An accounting qualification through a recognised accounting body (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - however an advanced working knowledge
of Excel is a must.
- Attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm are a team player and have the ability to drive change.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice