My client is an architectural firm with a unique approach to their designs and rapid growth has led to them recruiting for an excellent project accountant to join their finance team based in the city of London.
The Project Accountant will report into the Managing Director and will be responsible for the following:
- Produce regular management accounts for the practice
- Control and report on the cashflow
- Produce monthly payroll and relevant reports to HMRC
- Quarterly VAT returns and reporting to HMRC
- Journals including accruals and prepayments
- Monthly revenue recognition process on long term projects
- Support Project Architects in the financial control of their projects
- Monthly invoicing to clients
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and the calculation of cost rates
- Provision of a full suite of Balance Sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations
- Control of day to day banking and first point of contact with the bank
- Management and control of credit card reconciliations
The ideal candidate should be degree educated (preference will be shown to candidates with a 2:1 from a leading university as well as A's and B's at A level). You should be actively studying an accounting qualification and have 2-3 years of experience within a project accounts capacity, with evidence of working on long-term projects. You should have assisted with the production of management accounts and you must have excellent communication skills and exceptional excel skills. My client is looking for an enthusiastic, intelligent individual who has assisted with a systems implementation.
Are you a Project Accountant interested in working for a developing architectural firm? Are you enthusiastic about progressing your career and gaining client-facing experience? My client is an architectural firm with a unique approach to their designs and rapid growth has led to them recruiting for an excellent project accountant to join their finance team based in the city of London.
Salary & Benefits
£30,000 - £35,000 & Study support
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice