Audit Quality and Technical Specialist
The successful candidate will provide audit technical support to the audit inspection teams working on reviews of the Big 4 and other large audit firms.
UK independent regulator responsible for promoting high quality corporate governance and reporting to foster investment.
You will work as part of a team which monitors the quality of listed and major public interest audits undertaken by the major UK audit firms.
The successful candidate will provide audit technical support to the inspection teams working on reviews of the Big 4 and other large audit firms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing audit technical support to the inspection teams visiting audit firms and reviewing their
processes and audit methodologies
- Internal technical reviews and quality control processes
- Making an assessment of the audit work carried out on major audits, including the judgements
made by audit partners on key audit and accounting issues
- Collating and analysing findings from the firms and developing and reporting insights
An accounting qualification coupled with membership of ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS or ICAI (or equivalent)
Some experience in a technical function in public practice is preferred.
Experience working in a major UK audit firm preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good knowledge of technical audit, ethical standard and independence requirements
- An understanding of IFRS requirements and experience of auditing of UK listed companies/ other major entities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the confidence and ability to engage with and, where appropriate, challenge more senior members of the team
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability and confidence to work autonomously
- The role is based in a Central London Office.
- Competitive remuneration packages, with generous benefits, discretionary annual bonus and 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- A good work/ life balance ethos
- Part time or flexible working would be considered