Robert Half are recruiting for a global and private equity backed trading company based in central London. The client is looking for an experienced Billings / Credit / Revenue Controller to take ownership of their revenue department.
Billings Controller - This is a new role created purely to help recover and manage the revenue and receivables side of the business.
Core purpose of the role: To proactively recover overdue and outstanding payments from customers, within the agreed timings for the credit control process.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Account manage a large portfolio of debt (and credit related tasks)
- Build processes and procedures to maintain timely pay-back of new and existing loans in line with best practice
- Creating and building relationships with customer finance representatives
- Liaise with the legal department for hostile collection
Collect receivables promptly and efficiently
Skills and experience
- 3-5 year's experience (shipping industry is advantageous but not a requirement)
- Experience working with an international customer base and preferably in an international organisation
- Strong attention to detail and ability to process financial data quickly
- Experience dealing directly with customers with a professional attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills (mandatory) - ability to engage with people, ability to adjust approach depending on counter-party, firm personality but ability to come across gently.
- Demonstrable experience of having developed and streamlined accounts receivable processes (advantageous but not a requirement)
Global private equity backed trading company
Salary & Benefits
£30,000 - £40,000 + bonus
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice