Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting a Commercial Finance Manager for a market leading service provider based in Milton Keynes.
In the position of Commercial Accountant Milton Keynes, the primary purpose of this role will be to play a key part within the Head Office finance function, helping deliver the strategic direction of the finance team.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Continuously develop rigorous controls and processes and ensure these are adhered to.
* Produce management information within the required timescales, including Business Review, Business Plan, Board packs, KPIs, dashboards, trackers and forecasts.
* Provide robust and timely financial reporting and advice to aid strategic decision making.
* Review trends and challenge current performance, identifying risks and opportunities within the finance department and the wider business.
* Provide a support service to other finance areas and the wider business through the appraisal and analysis of financial performance and the implementation of best practice.
* Work collaboratively across all business functions to share and implement best practice and develop the financial understanding of team members at all levels.
* Ensure delivery of key financial measures, including the year end audit, statutory accounts and changes in accounting standards.
* Liaise with external auditors to provide assurance over approach and methodology with regard to year end processes. * Support the HO departments in making commercial decisions to ensure the achievement of business plan targets.
* Liaise with external advisers to make recommendations of best practice and ensure adoption into daily processes.
* Perform analytical modeling to evaluate ROI proposals, critically reviewing and making appropriate recommendations to the business.
* Provide financial support, insight and analysis on key strategic projects, acting as finance lead where required.
* Responsible for the development of junior finance team members.
* Be actively involved in commercial negotiations as and when required.
The successful candidate will require the following:
* Degree educated as well as CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualification.
* Previous experience in a large, fast-paced environment.
* Proven commercial track record and experience working cross-functionally.
* Ability to effectively engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders at Senior Management level.
Market leading service provider based in Milton Keynes currently going through an expansion transition. This role will provide a rare opportunity to play a pivotal part in the undertaking of a market leading business' strategic objectives. As a result, you will be given an exceptional chance to build an extensive profile across the wider company's Senior Management within a business that has a proven track record for career progression.
Salary & Benefits
£50,000 - £55,000 plus benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Commercial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly