Regulatory Reporting Accountant
This renowned investment bank are industry leaders in their respective fields with key business areas including corporate finance and lending, merger and acquisitions strategic advisory services, debt & equity securities and derivative products.
This is a broad role with development opportunities, requiring a combination of a high level of technical knowledge, good organisational skills and an ability to liaise across various business and support groups to achieve a variety of aims and objectives. Below is an overview of the key deliverables:
- Preparation of Bank of England liquidity returns for UK Wholesale subsidiaries.
- Daily PRA large exposure and liquidity monitoring/reporting.
- Reviewing reporting procedures, identifying problem areas and liaising with relevant persons to resolve issues as they arise.
- Initiate plans to improve processes, where possible.
- Establish relationships with relevant persons internal and external to the organisation to ease the transfer and communication of information on a timely basis.
- Assist where required in all aspects of regulatory risk analysis for all the UK and Irish entities, including Board governance, input into regulatory policies, competence around relevant regulatory supervisory statement and policy.
- Liaise with the London funding desk to facilitate funding requirements in the region.
- Process FX deals as requested by regional teams - AP, HR, etc.
- Prepare and post journals related to the funding and FX deals actioned.
- Reconciliation of the bank accounts and investigating outstanding items, liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure items do not become aged.
- Own ad-hoc specified local and global projects and deliver them within demanding timelines whilst maintaining a high standard of technical accuracy.
To apply for this role you shout meet the following criteria:
- Qualified or studying towards full chartership (ACCA or ACA)
- A strong academic background including a minimum of a 2:1 degree in a subject that demonstrates numeracy
- Previous experience of working in a finance function of an FCA-regulated business (banking preferred)
- A sound understanding of the different types of regulatory returns
- Advanced Excel user
- £45-50,000 base salary
- 9% non-contributory pension
- Bupa private health care
- Private dental care
- Subsidised lunches at on-site canteen
- Gym membership
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice