Assistant Management Accountant
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are working with a world-leading multimedia content company looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to sit within the finance team in the heart of the main office space in Central London.
This role is as much about personality as it is about competency, you must be confident and have great social skills.
A successful candidate will:
- Have 2-3 years as an Accounts Assistant or Assistant Accountant, preferably within Media.
- Have month end experience/ experience with Management Accounts.
- Have at least a 2:1 from a Russel Group University
- Be ACCA or CIMA Part Qualified
- Have displayed consistent experience throughout a similar role
- Be bright, confident and out-going.
As an Assistant Management Accountant, your key responsibilities will be:
- Daily collation of production cost estimates using a cost tracking system, working closely with the business
- Preparation of a regular production report to be reviewed by the Finance Manager
- Assisting with month end including analysis of actuals, posting accrual and prepayment journals in the accounting system
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Ensure that production spend is in line with the agreed budget or cost split agreements
- Reconciliation of actual production spend to budgets/forecasts
- Responsible for understanding the production budget/forecast variances and contributing to the commentary in the management accounts
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsibility for checking and accurately coding invoices, facilitating invoice authorisation on a timely basis and dealing with any related queries.
- Responsibility for preparing data from internal database, coding and obtaining approval for transactions and checking invoices against the master data file.
- Proactively engaged to improve cost capture and management
- Team player, offering support to news production and the rest of the Finance team
This Role of Assistant Management Accountant will pay up to 30k dependent on experience, plus full study support.
If this sounds like you, please apply through Robert Half Finance and Accounting.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice