This is a broad, commercial finance role in a desirable business in North Derbyshire
My client is a specialist Logistics and Distribution
UK leading, specialist distribution business north of Derby.
This Management Accountant role proves the successful candidate with the opportunity to develop their skills as commercial accountant in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will business partner with key stakeholders, develop the reporting systems and liaise with senior management on the financial impact of regional decisions.
Key responsibilities include
- Responsible for production of weekly management accounts
- Providing guidance and support to the Assistant Accountant team
- Documentation and reporting of weekly costs and KPI's
- Analysis of weekly variances to budget
- Budget and forecast preparation
- Periodic balance sheet reconciliation's
- Liaison with senior management team for review of costs and ad-hoc projects
- Provide commercial finance support and guidance to key stakeholders through a business partnering approach.
- Positively influence and strengthen working relationships with key stakeholders & customers
This Management Accountant position in north of Derby will suit a proactive, adaptable candidate with a passion for continuous improvement. To maximise success, the ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Have a strong ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Be capable working well under pressure
- Have a proven ability to prioritise work and consistently meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of UK GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills including VBA
- Logistics/FMCG background beneficial
Competitive remuneration + benefits