Robert Half are working with a leisure business steeped in British history to recruit for a new Financial Controller. This listed company is renowned for continuing to flourish as an independent group that thrives due to their innovative approach to warm hospitality. With businesses across the country, this opportunity will offer you the chance to join a highly esteemed employer that regards quality service the key to their success.
This opportunity will be reporting on the operational finances of the sites in Fareham into the group with an aim to efficiently maximise profitability. You will have full control over the day to day running of the business, working with internal stakeholders to improve customer service and achieve set targets.
Key Responsibilities of the Financial Controller:
- Responsible for managing the ledgers, checking all electronic invoices and raising purchase orders
- Provide detailed query resolutions within suitable deadlines
- Review and sign off purchases made by departments keeping within budgets
- Build excel based profit and loss against each departments and analyse all expenditures
- Manage bank balances, receipt of customer spending, reconciling all cash and credit card payments daily
- Produce department allowances and budgets weekly providing commentary for department heads
- Entering any complex journals onto the accounting software, ensuring ledgers are balanced in preparation for period end duties
- Build month end reports, business P&L and accruals to be presented to head office by set deadlines
Key Requirements of the Financial Controller:
- Previous experience working in Hospitality, Leisure, Customer focused industries
- Proven experience managing the day to day finances for a business unit
- Have obtained qualifications in Accounting
- Show strength and professionalism in all areas of work
- Be highly adaptable and be able to manage relationships with a variety of individuals
- Be comfortable dealing with high volumes of work and own the generation of journals, purchase orders and invoices
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 DOE
Benefits: 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years), Health cash plan, Generous employee discounts, Life assurance, Bespoke training programmes accessible to all, An engaging & supportive work environment
This position would suit someone that has been an Assistant Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, Ledger Manager or Senior Accounts Assistant and has worked in Hospitality, Leisure, Hotels, Bars, Restaurants or Customer Service industry.
This role will involve using the company's bespoke leisure software, Microsoft Dynamics AX accounting package and their Payroll System. There will also be an element of using Excel to prepare reports and budgets, there will be a short test to understand your level of skill using this software.
1st stage interviews will be held on week commencing 12th November with 2nd stage being held week commencing 26th November.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice