Robert Half Finance and Accounting are currently looking to recruit a Payroll Associate on a permanent basis, based in Bristol. Salary is £18,000 - £25,000 DOE.
Robert Half are looking for an ambitious and hardworking Payroll professional. You will be working with a very large team, that recruit organically for their senior management team. The role has great progression opportunities and comes with flexible working hours and other great benefits.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Attend Weekly Breakfast meetings and highlight your issues/ideas and concerns
- All payroll processing input and checked on a daily basis
- Manual payment requests processed within service level agreement
- Time sheets extracted/uploaded/updated within agreed deadlines
- Check Exceptions/FICO/BACS reports and correct any errors
- Run wage variance/recharge reports. Ensure all reports are password protected for onward transmission to relevant payroll approvers
- Ensure all payroll approvals are received within required deadlines
- Balance recharge/wage variance and fico reports
- Produce and send BACS file to ALBACS
- Liaise with Finance Department to ensure BACS file is approved to ensure employees are paid on the agreed pay day
- Ensure payrolls are exited after payrolls processed to the bank and advise team members that the new period is open for processing
- Test P45 file for production by outsourcers
- Send P46 file to HMRC via Gateway
- Undertake and resolve queries for employees, HMRC and other government bodies.
- Liaise with Finance to assist with queries regarding reconciliations of P35 and 3rd Party payments.
- Ensure a clean desk policy and filing/scanning is undertaken to the highest standard
- Advise management of any areas of improvement in process, system and procedure identified during normal day to day activities
- Ensure Business compliance with all Group and legislative requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the customer service charter in order to deliver a world class Business Support Centre environment
- Support unpopular as well as popular decisions and maintain a professional approach at all times
- Keep up with all communications to your team and follow all legislative changes
- Maintain and demonstrate sound working knowledge of the open text system
- Ensure clear communication is carried out with all key stakeholders
- Display resilience and ownership in the face of unforeseen business changes and resourcing issues
- Demonstrate the capability to solve problems, analyse and propose the solutions without waiting to be asked
- Payroll procedural and legislative knowledge
- Excellent IT skills, including SAP payroll and Microsoft office
- Good presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good customer service skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and also to contribute as part of a team
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are currently looking to recruit a Payroll Associate on a permanent basis, to work for one of the largest national companies within the service industry, based in North Bristol.
Salary is between £18,000 and £25,000.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice