Brilliant opportunity to support the senior leadership of an established firm, directly managing a small transactional team whilst producing Management and Statutory Accounts.
This is a key, autonomous Finance Manager role within a centralised Manchester finance function. You will report directly to the Head of Finance.
- Full responsibility for the integrity and reporting of all financial data as Finance Manager;
- Unsupervised production of full sets of Monthly/Yearly/Periodic management and financial/statutory accounts;
- Line managing 3x autonomous transactional staff. Including 1-2-1s and development planning;
- Providing support to junior members of staff and developing the department wherever possible;
- Implementing processes and procedures to increase efficiency within the finance department;
- Dealing directly with external auditors;
- Acting as the senior point of contact for finance-related matters;
- Regularly reporting to senior leadership team/board (6 times/year);
- Assisting with wider business areas and hospitality, during key business and networking events.
- Part-qualified/QBE/Qualified Accountant status;
- Able to complete full management and financial/statutory accounts packs;
- Ideally experienced in Public Sector/Education/Not-for-Profit accountancy team (not essential);
- Desire to progress/place a stamp on a function as a Finance Manager;
- Possesses demonstrable ability to drive a finance team forward;
- Appreciative of diversity in the workplace;
- Comfortable with full background checks, including DBS & Barring
Established Public Sector firm with a strong foothold in their market. This company is embracing diversity and equality, whilst driving their business forward. Heavy emphasis on staff training, development and retention - see below benefits.
Salary & Benefits
Up to £40,000 per annum, annual salary reviews and training plans, 30 days holiday (including bank holidays).
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly