Robert Half are recruiting for a strong, ambitious Financial Controller on behalf of a well-established, yet rapidly expanding business based in Manchester City Centre, paying circa £60k.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong Finance Manager to take the next step up into a hands-on Financial Controller position. Going forwards, there will also be plenty of progression on offer up to Finance Director level within the next 18-24 months.
The business is part of a rapidly expanding Group who operate within the services industry have gone through an incredible period of growth over the past 24 months. They are based in Manchester City Centre, and currently turn over circa £15m.
This position is a fantastic and progressive hands-on Financial Controller position which would make an ideal next step for an ambitious Finance Manager or Financial Controller who wants to become a Finance Director within 24 months. the key responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day running of two of the Group's subsidiaries finance departments overseeing the book-keeping, processing of invoices, expenses, supplier payments and other company transactions and working with the FD of invoice finance to provide all monthly / year-end financial information for Group reporting, budgeting, cashflow and statutory reporting purposes
- Manage the finance departments including setting annual objectives and monthly 1:1 reviews of the team in conjunction with the FD of invoice finance
- Working closely with the management teams, the FD and the Group FC helping prepare monthly financial reports, KPIs and analysis
- Supporting Group Finance with ongoing development and maintenance of financial process, financial control, and maintenance of financial documents whilst ensuring consistency of reporting
- Taking ownership of the preparation and maintenance of the cashflow information and forecasts presenting on a timely basis to Group Finance
- Work alongside the FD & Management to prepare the annual budget.
- Work alongside the FD/Group FC to prepare for the interim and annual audits
- Assist the wider invoice finance team and/or group finance team where time and availability allows.
- Additional ad hoc finance requirements as and when they arrive
- Provision of a high-quality support service, namely reporting, to senior managers within the business and also the wider Group
- Assist other teams on an ad hoc basis as and when required
- Management and control of the invoice finance businesses funding facilities, including reporting to and liaising with the division's financiers
- As and when required, providing financial input during the credit process on proposed new lends
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice