Senior Credit Controller
Robert Half are partnering an extremely successful manufacturing/retail business based near Middleton, North Manchester to recruit for a strong, dynamic Senior Credit Controller into their growing finance team.
This is a fantastic position where you will be given huge responsibility over the Accounts Receivable function and be given chance to really put your own stamp on things.
The business are an extremely successful, family-run company who operate within the manufacturing and retail sectors; servicing some huge, instantly recognisable global businesses. They are based near Middleton in North Manchester. After an extremely successful past 24 months, they are now investing heavily in their finance team, and as such are on the lookout for an extremely dynamic and ambitious Senior Credit Controller to head up their Accounts Receivable team.
This is not a traditional Credit Control position in the sense that you will not spend vast amounts of time on the phone chasing payments. The main purpose of this role is to effectively manage the Accounts Receivable function where you will be given plenty of responsibility over implementing new processes and procedures. The key responsibilities include:
- Acting as the main contact for the company's largest sales ledger accounts and ensuring that all invoices, discounts, rebates and fees are posted correctly and the sales ledger is kept reconciled and up to date.
- Facilitate the timely collection of cash from customers and liaise with internal account managers on operational issues to ensure timely resolution of queries.
- Using excel to important sales invoices to the accounting software on a weekly basis
- Producing month end debt analysis for the Financial Controller
- Ensuring all customer credit limits are insured and performing appropriate due diligence on all new accounts
- Reconciliation of the sales ledger control account on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of other sales ledger related balance sheet accounts including fee provisions and provisions for shortages.
- Posting bank receipts to correct accounts and accurate allocation of the same
- Allocating monies received to customer accounts.
- Maintaining customer account contact records.
- Chasing debt and ensuring monies are paid within customer credit terms.
- Assist in reviewing the company's sales ledger and credit control policies and help implement best practices for the same.
- Salary circa £25,000
- excellent working hours 8am-4pm (with some flexibility)
- Excellent pension
- Significant employee discount
- Work social events
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice